Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Father and Son Hike

From the very moment we arrived at the camp site Friday night, Carson wanted to hike to this cave. He heard his friends and the older boys talking about it and he wanted to join them. I wanted to do it too, but told my friends and my Boy Scouts that Carson was too young and that we wouldn't be going. The next morning after breakfast, a water gun fight between Carson and a few of his friends, and the dune buggy ride, we climbed into my little Honda Civic and drove two miles down a very bumpy and rocky road, one which flattened the tire of a large truck belonging to a father at the camp, and began our journey up to a large cave at the top of a large hill. This hike was very steep. The higher we got, the more the ground shifted with loose rocks shifting beneath our feet. Carson insisted on holding my hand most of the way up to help give him extra balance. On the way down he insisted on doing most of it on his own. It was by far the longest and most difficult hike Carson has ever been on. Next time you see Carson, ask him how his hands are doing. He cut them up pretty good. We both had a great time!



4 comments:

Andrew Bosley said...

Sounds like it was tons of fun out there! Can't wait to go camping with Will!

maren bosley said...

So cute! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

PS: I tagged you Darice. Check out my blog for rules!

The Greathouse Family said...

Hi! I found you! Your blog is so nice! I love all of the pictures!

Carson said...

I had lots & lots of fun on that hike.