Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remembering

When I was 5 or 6 I had tubes put in my ears. It wasn't until I took the hearing test in Kindergarten, that it was discovered, I had 35% hearing loss in one hear and 45% in the other. I remember my Grandma bringing me this bear at the hospital after my surgery. I loved it, it had/still has a cute lavendar dress and apron that my grandma made for the bear. The bear had a music box in it that played "I Am a Child of God" I would wind up the music box and listen to it over and over and over. The music box died many years ago- but I still treasure this bear. I had it in the girls closet for a really long time. It was high on a shelf- I didn't want anything to happen to it. Then one day as I was putting something away in their closet- I looked at the bear and remembered how I loved playing with this bear as a girl- and I decided to take it down and let the girls play with it. It warms my heart to see them play with and sleep with this bear that I have so many memories of.

bristyn sleeping with the bear- nov. 2010

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

I love these pictures and reading such special memories of yours. What a precious bear to pass on to your darling daughters!